How to Setup a Zoom Video Conference Room
Setup for a Zoom Conference Room can range from a vey basic USB camera pointing to whomever is presenting to some very elaborate setups. We broke down the typical room costs when gathering quotes from an audio video specialist.
- Small PC based video conference: $10 – 18k
- Mid-range presentation rooms with Enterprise Video Conferencing: $23 – 39k
- Video Wall solutions: $30 – 85k
Zoom Conference Room Audio Video Specialist Typical Job Cycle
They typical proposal is a week, clarification 2 weeks, and design build schedule published 6 to 7 weeks.
Zoom Conference Room Audio Video Specialist Vision
To provide reliable and easy to use solutions that simply user experience
They are the most flexible (works on anything) and most commonly used (amongst the hip crowd) conferencing product out there.
What we as an IT company scrapped together as our low budget and easy to use solution
The hardware alone is between $6000 and $7000. You can subtract a TV to save an extra $1500 but then you can’t see your remote team.
Ok, I’m still interested. Tell Me More.
For a USB conference room that sits 7-13 people we recommend 2 TV displays, a single HD PTZ camera and three MXL AC-360-Z table-top microphones with a sound-bar that all connects to the Zoom Rooms PC , Mac or Chromebox. The majority of equipment is wall mounted behind the displays allowing for easy access and installation.
An iPad at the table is used as a room controller along with another optional iPad at the door as the room scheduling display.
For this 7 – 13 DIY setup. Is left TV for viewing the other team and individual user cameras? Is the right for the power point? Is the presentation controlled from the Ipad? Do these features cost extra? Zoom basic vs something fancy?
Zoom Conference Room Hardware Requirements
Approximately $1000ea TV, $200ea Wall Mount, $300ea Mount Pull Out
- LG UU340C Series 65″ UHD Commercial TV (2)
- Large Fusion Micro-Adjustable Tilt Wall Mount (2)
- Fusion Pull Out Accessory (2)
- Aver CAM540 Note: Can mount from ceiling and reverse image.
Approximately $500ea, $6, $400, $200
- MXL AC-360-Z Quad Element USB Microphone (3)
- USB-C to USB-A Cable – 10ft
- Icron USB 2.0 Ranger 2304
- JBL Commercial Grade Soundbar
Approximately $1200 for Mac Mini Option
Approximately $800 for PC
- Mac Mini Option
- PC Option
Controller & Accessories
Room Scheduler (Optional)
Cables and Supplies
- Cat5e Shielded Patch Cable – 7ft
- Cat5e+ Plenum Shielded Cable – 50ft
- EZ-RJ45 CAT5e shielded modular plugs 10pk
- Flat Plug Power Extension – 1.5 ft
- 6-Outlet Power Strip with Surge Suppressor (2)
- 8ft Power Extension
- LV1 Wall brush plate (2)
- SafCord Velcro Floor Runner (6ft)
- Bulk Supply Kit (Toggle Bolts, Zip Ties, Screw Down Anchors, etc.)
Looking to install camera above the conference table?
What about large capacity rooms where attendees participate in Q&A?
Get some microphones that you can turn on and off.
Need an IP conference room with out all the jazz?
Yealink CP960 ip conference phone
How can we make it a cheaper roll out if we are still in the construction phase.
Two words, ring and string. Ring string from behind the TVs to left base floor (height of an outlet), ring and string above (ceiling) and below center of conference table.
How to Setup a Zoom Video Conference Room Summary
The Zoom Video Conference Room components are all off the shelf items at Fry’s or Amazon. You can save quite a bit of money following this guide and utilizing a couple handy resources to get your Zoom Video Conference Rooom going by yourself.