Missing out on important emails? Check out this guide on how to personalize email settings so you can remove emails from quarantine in Office 365 with ease.
Missing a critical client email to solidify a deal can be almost as devastating as an employee being duped by a malicious email. While it can be liberating to have emails filtered out automatically for you, it’s not uncommon for the filter to accidentally quarantine an email that you would deem important. And, in 365 Defender, the feature to enable users to request the release of an email from quarantine is not enabled by default.
While we want to be able to empower users to search for legitimate emails in Microsoft Defender’s quarantine, we also want them to be able to expedite their ability to remove emails from quarantine in Office 365. The following steps detail how 365 users can ensure they don’t miss any essential emails.
An Important Reminder
First off, having a visual cue to periodically check the quarantine can give vigilant users an extra step in security.
We highly recommend that our clients place the shortcut URL on their desktop (see below) so that they don’t miss any legitimate emails.https://security.microsoft.com/quarantine?
How to Set Up Microsoft Defender to Remove Emails from Quarantine in Office 365 by Request
- Scroll down the left pane until you find the section called “Email & collaboration“.
- “Policies and rules“–> “Threat policies” –> “Rules”.
- Finally, select “Quarantine policies”.
- Quarantine Polices – Here you can apply custom rules in order to remove emails from quarantine in Office 365 by using default quarantine policies or by creating your own.
- Quarantine Notification: Enabled
- Limit Access: Recipients can view quarantined messages, but they cannot release messages from quarantine – if you prefer, this setting can be changed in this section.
- Policy Name: Standard User Alert Global Admin
Bonus resources for Office 365 Email Support
– Outlook Email Support and Organizational Tips
– Understanding Microsoft 365 – Modern Windows in the Workplace
– How to Add an Office 365 Exchange Account
– How to Report Malicious Emails in Outlook the Easy Way – Be an asset to your own security. In this article, learn how to report malicious emails in Outlook to keep junk and phishing emails away.
– 7 Quick Steps to Centralized Deployment of the Report Message Add-in in Outlook – Keep everyone in your organization safe from phishing with centralized deployment of the Report Message add-in in Outlook.
– 365 Email Spam Filter IT Support: An Expert’s Guide to Preventing & Reporting Junk Email– Looking for the best email spam filter IT support? Explore NetworkAntics’ professional recommendations to up your email security game.
– Phishing Awareness Training Plus 3 Expert Tips to Avoid Phishing Emails– Don’t be another scam email statistic. Learn how to avoid phishing emails with phishing awareness training for you and your team.
– Superior Spam Protection IT Service: A 5-Step Guide to Managing 365 Defender ATP emails – Don’t know where to start with improving your cyber security? Our spam protection IT service professionals break down the process for you.
How to Set Up Microsoft Defender: Remove Emails from Quarantine in Office 365 by Request Summary
Reliance on technology allows businesses and individuals to communicate in an efficient manner, but there are times when the effectiveness of using that technology is up to the user. Maintaining a level of awareness and taking the initiative to check the work Defender does for us is crucial to making sure we are staying privy to what’s important. Having everything set up so that you can easily release emails from quarantine in Office 365 is a critical step for any attentive business. If you need any help with Office 365 or any other managed IT issue, contact us to see how our team of professionals can help you!