Keep everyone in your organization safe from phishing with centralized deployment of the Report Message add-in.
In our last blog post we discussed how to install the Report Message plugin to your desktop Outlook email or mobile app. To continue our exploration of how to successfully filter potentially harmful emails while still ensuring the receipt of important emails, let’s take a look at how to do a centralized deployment of Report Message add-in.
Bonus: using these add-ins helps improve Microsoft’s email filtering technology and can also assist your company in knowing how best to direct their efforts in keeping your communications secure.
Before we begin, here are two things you should know:
– The add-in can take 12-24 hours to show up in your organization.
– Once you have centrally deployed the Report Message or another add-in, you’ll see an app registration deploy in Outlook. Do NOT delete that registration! Doing so will remove the add-in from your organization as well.
Steps to centralized deployment of the Report Message add-in
Follow the steps below to get the Report Message add-in deployed in Outlook email. If you have any trouble, resolve the issue.
1. Go to the admin center: https://admin.microsoft.com -> Show All (you may not need to do this step) -> Settings -> Integrated Apps
2. Select ‘Get apps‘
3. A Microsoft 365 Apps page will open. Search ‘Report Message’. Under ‘Report Message’ or ‘Report Phishing’, select ‘Get it now’. This will start the deployment process.
4. Use these settings once you see the ‘Add Users’ page: On the Add users page, configure the following settings: Is this a test deployment? No. Assign users: Entire organization.
5. Once you have added your users, select ‘Next‘.
6. Read through the app permissions and capabilities info, then click ‘Next’.
7. On the ‘Review and Finish Deployment page’, click on ‘Finish deployment’.
Manual Installation of Report Message Phishing Add-ins
Here is an alternative way to install the Report Message or Phishing add-ins. For extra support, at NetworkAntics.
– Go to the AppSource page here: https://appsource.microsoft.com/marketplace/apps. Search ‘Report message’ -> Report Message or Report Phishing.
– Alternatively, you can visit either of the links below for a direct download of whichever add-in you want:
Report Message: https://appsource.microsoft.com/product/office/WA104381180
Report Phishing: https://appsource.microsoft.com/product/office/WA200002469
– Once you are on the page of the add-in you want, select ‘Get it now’, then sign into your Microsoft account if necessary. Lastly, when the add-in has been installed, you will see the Launch page below. You can then go to https://outlook.office.com
Bonus Outlook Email Resources
Having trouble with spam emails? Check out all of our blog posts on how to ensure that you receive important emails while keeping yourself safe from malicious ones.
– How to Quickly View Emails Quarantined in Microsoft Defender: Release Emails from Quarantine in Office 365 by Request – Missing out on important emails? Check out this guide on how to personalize email settings so you can release emails from quarantine in Office 365 with ease.
– How to Report Malicious Emails in Outlook the Easy Way – Be an asset to your own security. In this article, learn how to report malicious emails in Outlook to keep junk and phishing emails away.
– 365 Email Spam Filter IT Support: An Expert’s Guide to Preventing & Reporting Junk Email– Looking for the best email spam filter IT support? Explore NetworkAntics’ professional recommendations to up your email security game.
– Phishing Awareness Training Plus 3 Expert Tips to Avoid Phishing Emails– Don’t be another scam email statistic. Learn how to avoid phishing emails with phishing awareness training for you and your team.
– Superior Spam Protection IT Service: A 5-Step Guide to Managing 365 Defender ATP emails – Don’t know where to start with improving your cyber security? Our spam protection IT service professionals break down the process for you.
7 Quick Steps to Centralized Deployment of the Report Message Add-in in Outlook Summary
Having the tools to keep business communications safe and secure is more important than ever. Following the above steps should get you and your company started on being able to quickly and easily report suspicious-looking emails. For any questions about security or other managed IT concerns,